Saturday, February 12, 2005

PT

As I have said, I'm in JROTC, and with the Marine, it's... intense.
Today we had PT, which is physical training. After doing 40 jumping jacks, 80 flutter kicks, and so many pushups and situps that I'm still numb and half-asleep, we went outside and ran relays until class was over.
After changing back over into our civilian clothes, we headed back into the class room. Half the people in my class and then some already know this story, but I'll say it anyway.
A conversation was somehow initiated about foreign languages, and 1st Sarge who has really loosened up since the beginning of the year) started saying stuff in Hindi and Indonesian and stuff like that. Shelly chimed in with German, and pretty soon, 1st Sarge is yelling in French if anyone knows how to speak French.
This was how it went until the end of class when we were dismissed. As I was walking out the door, I yelled back, "Au revoir, ju fool idiot". Translated, it means, "Until we meet again, you crazy idiot." I just hope First Sergeant doesn't speak enough French to know what I said, cause if he does, then I will be doing pushups from Monday afternoon until the 12th of forever....
Best wishes and prayers, especially during this Lenten Season.
Pray for His Eminence, the Pope, for a quick recovery.
Randi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home