Thursday, March 10, 2005

I Feel Pretty

I feel so good today... I woke up about 5:30 this morning, got dressed, and decided to actually put on make up. I don't do that often. I looked good. No one noticed, but I didn't do it for anyone else; I did it for me. You know?
Anyway, it was an all over good day. We were supposed to have an exam in Acting today, but there wasn't anyplace we could take it. So, we just basically sat around for about an hour and a half. We did have an exam in NJROTC: very easy. It's the same one, over and over again. On ranks, drill terminology, Naval terminology, and Marine Corps History. I missed one, though. I knew the right answer, I just filled in the wrong bubble. The question was: What is the civilian equivalant of naval term "Aft"? The correct answer was, "To go to the rear of a ship". I, naturally, filled in the bubble which corresponded with the answer, "To go off the ship, or off base". (The answer to that one is "ashore", by the way.)
Anyway, so I got a 99 on the exam. I'm no longer the "Smart kid" of the class. Whoo hoo! Though 1st Sarge threatened to give me about a thousand push ups for that one. *Gulp*. Kyle and me both. (Dustin, is that Kyle and I, or Kyle and me? gol) Cause Kyle missed one, too. "When was the Marine Corps emblem of the eagle, globe and anchor adopted?" (1868). Kyle is the smart one in his block. But he's still branded the "Smart Kid". I guess not all of us win. Tee hee.
The bus ride home was insane. I talked the entire way home. Hayley, Alyssa, Nate, and Katie had great fun with me. I told them the two things that really freak me out: needles, and anyone winking at me. Dunno why, but for some crazy reason, they kept winking at me, just to hear me shriek and see me shudder.
Don't get any ideas, buddy.
All my best and all my prayers and love,
Randi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home