Saturday, February 18, 2006

My sixteenth birthday yesterday!! Sooooooo much fun. Oh yes. The very spices of life were here at my house.
And a couple of weeks ago, I wrote this.
You know what? I just realized that we're "looking for a perfect fit in an off the rack world". You're not going to find exactly what you're looking for, but there is going to be the one who comes pretty darn close. He or she is not going to be perfect, and we, none of us, can ask for that. We don't have the right to ask for perfection. There's only One Perfect (meaning God). When I find the one who is as close to perfect as he can be, I'll be happy.
But until then, I'm going to try to be happy anyway. Because in today's society, it's all about being with someone at a young age, like 13 and 14. And there are some who would actually hurt themselves because the first one wasn't the right one. I am genuinely sad for those kids. I'm sorry that they didn't realize that there will be others if the first wasn't right. There are those that would cut themselves or worse because of influences from society that say these things should happen. It's ridiculous. Rather than hurting yourself, find solace in the fact that there is someone out there for you, and though you may not find him or her at age 13, he or she is out there, and they're going to be worth waiting for. Don't lose it all because of a disappointment. There is someone who loves you for you.







































And if you can't find them in your "appropriate" amount of time, there's always the priesthood or the convents ;-).

Lots of love to my people
Miranda

2 Comments:

Blogger Hamartia MacGuffin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Randi said...

Thank you!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home