Saturday, April 02, 2005

Causey

I had no respect for John T. Causey. I respected him as an officer, but I felt that he had done nothing to earn my respect as an element of our unit or just as a human being up until this point.
Then Thursday, during the AMI, I realized something: He cares about the unit. Whether or not it's for his own sake (he's going into the army when he graduates), he cares about us. When DeJan passed out during inspection, he was the one who carried her to the bench. He was the one who sacrificed class time (and possibly grades in Kregloe's class) for the good of the unit. Not Barajas (as far as I know), not any of our senior officers at all, just LT. JG Causey..
Mr. Causey, as a human being and an officer, I salute you.
And here's to all of you: May the road rise to meet your feet, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, may the rain fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.
Randi

2 Comments:

Blogger alabamapenguin said...

very good ending there randi. i'm glad you are trying to see people differently. i'm sure he appreciates that you are giving him a second chance.

lov ya,
Kristin

6:54 AM  
Blogger alabamapenguin said...

wow, u got contacts!!! that's great!!!

Kristin

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home