Saturday, May 07, 2005

Let your voice be heard!!!

The following was on my brother's xanga site.. please go visit him too!

"Okay, I've found a solution to my boredom. Every now and then, I'm gonna do some commentaries on hot topics.
My first one shall be on an ever-contraversial subject: The seperation of God and State.
The following is a poem inside my yearbook.

Now I sit down in school
Where praying is against the rule for this great nation under God
finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
it violates the Bill of Rights.
And any time my head I bow
becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
might offend someone with no faith at all.
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible
to quote the Good Book makes me liable
We can study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandmentsare not allowed,
No word of God must reach the crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot: My soul please take!
--Unknown

....The government makes so much sense today, doesn't it?
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Now is your time to speak out and pass the word along."
Here are some comments found on his website..

"GOOD ISSUE!!!
I think the people of this great nation of ours needs to remember why we came to this land in the first place. We came to get away from religious persecution...and what are we doing to the Christians now? The exact same thing. *shakes head* People don't remember the past and end up making the same mistakes. What I don't understand is, we can't pray in a public place because it might offend a nonchristian and be violating their civil rights. BUT WHAT ABOUT OURS? Aren't our rights being taken away because we can't pray? We Christians have stood by and let one or two people take away our rights. It's not right or fair to us either. If they want to make a complete separation of church and state..why do we have christmas break? Christmas is to celebrate Jesus Christ's birth into this world. Easter celebrates his death. Yet we have state holidays at this time of year to celebrate Christian celebrations. It seems we pick and choose what fits us best and just ignore the others whose rights are being taken away also. Gives you something to think about eh?
Dani

Yeah I agree!!! Our goverment is pretty messed up. Our country gets off on the idea of bullying other countries and telling them how their counrties should be run. Wow, great way to win friends and influence people. For example the war in Iraq, I fully support the soldiers but I think our president made a mistake with this since we didnt find weapons and yeah the people of Iraq are now free but hell, we won our independence from England.. let those people win their own independence instead of the US going in there and looking like control freaks and trying to make everyone run things the way we do. That's just a point of how retarded our government is at times. The other thing I have a problem with is abortion, I mean seriously.. there are cases in which I could see getting one done..like a rape victim who got pregnant or something like that... but most of these dumb whores go n spread their legs and dont think about the consequences, I think its completely ridiculous to have an innocent baby killed becuase the mother is a stupid whore. We still dont consider those babies "people" when they have a heartbeat and what not at under a month into the pregnancy... and yet we keep old people alive on machines when the only reason their heart is beating is because a machine is making it, and yet they still have all their human rights. This is just a prime example of how dummmb people are. God is a controvesial subject and I honestly feel everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If someone wants to sit in public and pray then its like w/e let them. I dont see the big deal about it as long as they are not trying to preach to others or force their ideas on other people. I hate it with a passion when people try to force their ideas on me. I just want to choke them and tell them to shove it cuz they really have no idea whats best for me when theythink they do. Its funny how some people just think they know everything when the truth is that they dont even know what it is that they dont know. Ignorance and arrogance. Gotta love it. I personally like the idea of going to live with the penguins then starting a penguin army and taking over the world and sterilizing stupid people. That way they dont have the chance to raise another generation of fuck ups. But thats just my own personal opinion. Stupid people shouldnt have sex. Thats my word of advice for the day.. if you're an idiot do us all a favor and keep it in your pants just in case a tragedy should occur and you'd create another version of youself. Much love,
!~!~!~ Lis!~!~!~!~!"

And what about that? Abortion and prayer in schools, I mean. And anything else that might be on your minds. What do you guys think? Voice your opinions, because we will both (my brother and I) listen!! his website is xanga.com/aaronthewanderer.
Love from
Vigilante (a.k.a. Miranda)

2 Comments:

Blogger alabamapenguin said...

thats a great poem whoever wrote it. this is an issue i have discussed with my parents. they think its absurd. we can do all those other things but we cant pray in school. Ammendment 1: Freedom of Religon!!!!! how can that be over looked. it's the 1st one for Christ's Sake!!!!! that is my opinon. i'm glad you like to listen. i'm tired and i'm about to go to bed. i had fun w/ Nelson today if you wanted to know.

E-mail me,
Kristin

P.S.
I want to see Madagascar soooo bad. The thought of Penguins controling the world is sooo kool. you know i love penguins. it just looks funny. love ya!!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I think you might have a wrong idea of the first amendment Kristin Auburn, it means you can practice any religion you want. I really don't think it's religious prosecution, and the pilgrims (who I assume Dani is referring to) did not go to American for freedom of religion, they fled England and went to Holland before they went to America, because in Holland you can practice any religion you want (Freedom of religion), they came over to America for economic freedom- most pilgrims had to do hard physical labor with low pay because they couldn't speak Dutch and other such barriers "Between language difficulties and Dutch laws regarding vocational occupations, the Puritans found that the only jobs open to them were ones of physical labor." I think it's pretty fair to ban prayers as not all people have the same religion the best way to avoid conflicts and people feeling left out- causing mental harm, by just not having class prayers and such.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home